Tuesday, August 19, 2014

[SONG] Heart-Rubbing Mandarin Ballad



Well, I make this playlist because I know some certain songs that will make you gloomy (tend to be sad) while listening to. However, don't expect me to be a Mandarin expert. I have no idea how to speak Mandarin. Okay, just check this out.

1. "Jú Huā Tái" (Chrysanthemum Flower Bed) by Jay Chou


I think to completely witness the gloomy feeling from this song, you must watch Curse of the Golden Flower by a brilliant Chinese and award-winning director, Zhang Yimou. To be honest, I watched this movie because of the beautiful Gong Li (and let's not talk about it further).

The song itself is a mixture of elegant and modern-traditional taste of Chinese music. Moreover, the Chou's mellow voice made this song so saddening.

2. "Mù Lán Xīng" (Mulan Star) by Jane Zhang

me>

Okay, this time it is Mulan: Rise of a Warrior and this time I watched this movie because of Zhao Wei (and let's not talk about it further too). Mulan: Rise of a Warrior was a drama movie, so don't image watching a romantic comedy movie or happy-and-comical Disney's version.

"Mù Lán Xīng" contains a thick traditional Chinese music and presented greatly by Zhang's voice. Well, I don't understand any lyrics (or the English-translated one), but I just feel the pain through the music.

3. "Shí Jiān Zhǔ Yǔ" (Time Boils the Rain) by Yisa Yu and Wu Yi Fan (Kris)


Well, a movie soundtrack too, Tiny Times. Well, I watched this because I was really bored, then I googled the highest grossing Chinese movies and Tiny Times was one of them.


"Shí Jiān Zhǔ Yǔ" was the original soundtrack of Tiny Times (or Tiny Times 1.0). Yisa Yu sang the first movie and I completely felt in love and blue while listening to this song. I thought Yisa Yu brilliantly did a great job. When she sung it live, everybody was just silent and tried to sing it along silently. Watch it!


"Shí Jiān Zhǔ Yǔ" was also sung by Wu Yi Fan (Kris the ex-member of EXO) for the Tiny Times 3 original soundtrack. He was also successful capturing the mellow atmosphere and transformed the song into a good one without losing its original melting taste.


4. "Wǒ Ài Nǐ" (I Love You) by S.H.E


"Wǒ Ài Nǐ" is my most favorite song by S.H.E. It captured the romantic, sad, and painful side. Watch the music video too (I insist!).

5. "Wǒ Ài Nǐ" (I Love You) by Debbie Hsiao (or Xiao He Shuo)


Brilliant. An exceptionally favorable gloomy and sad lyrics. The music and lyrics was arranged by Hsiao herself. Hsiao has a sultry that is fitted to sing a ballad like "Wǒ Ài Nǐ" (sometimes known as "Salanheo" means Korean "saranghaeyo", "I Love You").

6. "Wǒ Yuàn Yì" (I'm Willing) by Faye Wong


"Wǒ Yuàn Yì" is one of the signature songs by Heavenly Queen or Diva of Asia, Faye Wong. Listening to this song, I believe you can imagine why Faye Wong was called Heavenly Queen. Her angelic voice is so rare, heart-touching, also painful, especially in "Wǒ Yuàn Yì."

7. "Ràng Wǒ Ài Nǐ" (Let Me Love You) by Vic Zhou & Barbie Hsu



This song is quite simple and moving. One of the original soundtrack of Taiwanese drama, Mars (that I watched not purposefully a looooong tiiiiime agoooooo. Thanks to my auntie.). Don't expect an acrobatic vocal run because it's so simple (like my aforesaid statement) with a beautiful piano arrangement.

8. "Mù Lán Qíng" (Mulan's Passion) by Stefanie Sun


"Mù Lán Qíng" is also the original soundtrack of Mulan: Rise of a Warrior. I love this song, composed with a traditional wave and melismatic vocal run by Sun. Favorable and unique (and touching as well). You could feel Mulan's pain in this song.

9. "Cǎi Hóng" (Rainbow) by Jay Chou



"Cǎi Hóng" is my recent favorite song. This song is one of successful song by Jay Chou. The melody and the Chou's voice can blend into the sadness bomb. It's complemented with a narrative music video that helps the viewer to fall into the feeling. It is so beautifully arranged as a slow tear-dropping ballad.

Enjoy the complete playlist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.